Re: [O] Tracking flexitime

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: [O] Tracking flexitime
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 10:24:00 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Koch <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm searching for best practices to track flexi time with orgmode. I've a
> work
> contract of 8 hours per day in average. So I'd like to start a clock when I
> arrive at work, pause it for lunch and stop it when I leave.
>
> I wouldn't like to rely only on the sum of the time spent on tasks since
> there
> is always work time that can hardly be assigned to a specific task.

Nebulous tasks "that can hardly be assigned" should be avoided IMHO.
However, if you really find you have them and don't want to bother
expressing them in a precise fashion, what about a task for that, e.g.
"Project A Clean-up"?

Your work day starts when the clock starts on a :WORK: task.
You want to have lunch? Clock in a "Lunch" or "Break" task, that does
not have a :WORK: tag.

I don't really see the need for a second clock so far?!

Memnon