[O] Thank you very much Bastien! Hello Carsten! (was: New maintainer)

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Thank you very much Bastien! Hello Carsten! (was: New maintainer)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 09:58:54 +0200

* Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear all,

Dear Bastien,

> I'm stepping down as the Org maintainer.

I am sorry to have to read this.

As I entered this universe of great Personal Information Management
LEGO bricks two years ago, you were the maintainer in charge of this
huge project.

Although I already had been part of several communities, I was
overwhelmed by the warm welcome in this one. I loved to enter it, I
love to stay in it.

You are very patient with Org-mode/ELISP rookies and you are
incredible cautious and diplomatic with I-do-not-know-how-to-
describe-but-you-know-who-I-mean people. I learned a *lot* from you
here on this mailing list, not only related to software.

Despite the fact that I am not able to add (ELISP-)code (yet) you
still give me the feeling that my contributions are an important
part of this community and this is just great.

I thank you for all your effort of the past years and do hope that
you will be an important part of this project in future as well.

Je t'embrasse, merci beaucoup!

> Carsten accepted to step up, if the community agrees.
> Please raise your thumbs up or your concerns, if any.

When I first read the subject, I was shocked. Especially because of
this silly I-want-to-take-over-and-become-maintainer-discussion of
the past weeks.

But with Carsten mentioned, I am relieved :-)

My thumbs are up in the air for sure. I am glad that Carsten is
willing to take over again. I can imagine what this means and it is
not easy to find someone who is competent *and* is willing to spend
his/her time on such a project.

Welcome Carsten, I thank you in advance and wish you all the best
for this job!

> I'm glad I had this opportunity to work as "Robin" and
> I'm even more glad "Batman" may strike back!

Nice picture. Is someone able to photoshop this with their heads for
the web page announcement? :-)

PS: Tomorrow, I give an Org-mode talk [1] at the Linuxdays Graz
(Austria) and I am eager to announce all the changes of the past
days (version 8, best toolset ever, new maintainer) to the audience.

  1. http://glt13-programm.linuxtage.at/events/161.de.html (German)
--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github