Re: [O] Tables for attendance lists - A problem understanding TBLFM?

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Tables for attendance lists - A problem understanding TBLFM?
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 17:34:04 +0200

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
>> @r$c-> '(length (delq "" '("0")))
>> $1->   '(length (delq "" '("0")))
>> Result: 1
>>

> Check the formula again: you seem to have captured the 0 from the last
> column, instead of stopping at the penultimate column. The range should
> be $3..$>> or $<<<..$>>  - also, you should have posted the whole
> substitution history so we could see the range, instead of me guessing. The
> motto should be "More information is better than less", but of course that
> should be tempered by common sense :-)

Gunnar is following the Debian package, '("0") was the result for a
range with all fields empty before my first patch end of 2012. See the
second and the last two hunks of
http://orgmode.org/w/org-mode.git?p=org-mode.git;a=commitdiff;h=764315
which change the range list from '("0") to '(""). My previously
attached patch will finally change this case to the required '(), see
also its hunks at the beginning and the end.

Trying to adapt your workaround with delq to '("0") lets me give up,
also after reading the docstring of delq. Hope you or so can help.

Michael