[O] Activating modules before org-install (was: org-url-hexify-p is not

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: [O] Activating modules before org-install (was: org-url-hexify-p is not respected)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:10:54 +0000 (UTC)

James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:

> So then the question is, why was I getting the ID-style links in the
> first place? I hadn't loaded that module before (I didn't even know
> about load-library before).

One short question: My ~/.emacs.d/init.el has these lines:
,----
| ;; modules got to be set _before_ org is loaded
| (setq org-modules '(org-bbdb org-bibtex org-gnus org-info org-jsinfo
|                     org-irc org-vm org-w3m org-crypt org-learn
|                     org-collector org-habit org-depend org-timer))
|
| ;; load up Org-mode and Org-babel
| (require 'org-install)
`----

Is it true that "modules got to be set _before_ org is loaded"?
IOW: May something weird happen if e.g. module org-id enters the game
later on?

At quick glance on the manual, I saw nothing relevant.

Of course, I could play it safe with M-x customize-variable org-modules,
but ... well ... customize.