Re: [O] org-url-hexify-p is not respected

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: [O] org-url-hexify-p is not respected
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:06:19 -0400

James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:

Hi James:

> So then the question is, why was I getting the ID-style links in the
> first place? I hadn't loaded that module before (I didn't even know
> about load-library before).

I have org-id loaded and "org-link-to-org-use-id" is set to
"create-if-interactive-and-no-custom-id" (which is the default). The
only link by id that I get are TODO keywords entries (created by
"org-mobile-push"). So there must be something in your setup that set it
to "t".

> So I think what I will do is add the module. My only real concern is
> to get links that work. I had wanted to turn off IDs because it
> appeared to me that they were not reliable. Indeed, without
> Jambunathan K's comment about load-library, I would still be under the
> impression.

Why would you need to load it explicitly? org-id is autoloaded by
org-install when needed:

,----[ Comments from org-install ]
| ;;;### (autoloads (org-id-store-link org-id-find-id-file org-id-find
| ;;;;;;  org-id-goto org-id-get-with-outline-drilling
org-id-get-with-outline-path-completion
| ;;;;;;  org-id-get org-id-copy org-id-get-create) "org-id" "org-id.el"
| ;;;;;;  (20548 39395 725739 953000))
| ;;; Generated autoloads from org-id.el
`----

There is something very wrong with you setup. I suggest start fresh with
a minimal setup and go from there.

Also what do you mean that they are not reliable. What are your values
for "org-id-track-globally" and "org-id-locations-file"?

Cheers,
Charles

--
"The move was on to 'Free the Lizard'"

  -- Jim Hamerly and Tom Paquin (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)