Re: [O] org-url-hexify-p is not respected

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] org-url-hexify-p is not respected
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 12:07:26 +0530

Following creates IDs on a headline.
    M-x org-id-get-create RET

Then, the following creates a link to IDs
    C-c l on the headline
    C-c C-l at the place where link is to be inserted

,----
| [[id:3f2c3ec7-e3ec-4fc8-9472-6b8fea4789d9][Low level Headline (Translations)]]
|
| * Low level Headline (Translations)
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :ID:       3f2c3ec7-e3ec-4fc8-9472-6b8fea4789d9
|   :END:
`----

If all you need is a stable link, you can go with CUSTOM_ID property for
links.  Just type in whatever string you want.  IDs are machine created
but CUSTOM_IDs are man made ones.