Re: [O] [ANN] Editable HTML export of Org-mode files

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Editable HTML export of Org-mode files
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 22:41:21 +0800

On Thu, Aug 16 2012, Eric Schulte wrote:

> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Interesting.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> Even thought this test is failing, it does show that your elnode server
>>> is returning the HTML in response to your POST requests.  It looks like
>>> it only fails because your Emacs exports *foo* as <em>foo</em> instead
>>> of as <i>foo</i>.

>> [...]
>>
>>> I've just pushed up some changes to the git repository which add new
>>> require statements.  Hopefully the errors above were caused by some
>>> required functions not being loaded at run time.  If the newest from git
>>> doesn't work fix these problems, please try running
>>>
>>>   emacs -Q -l batch.el
>>>
>>> with this updated version of batch.el, and let me know what is printed
>>> in the *Messages* buffer in the line which starts as "params:".
>>
>> The same test failed in the same way,
>
> Fair enough, this must be a legitimate difference in our HTML export,
> I'll make the test appropriately more permissive.
>
>> so I loaded up the new batch.el file, and here's the "params" line:
>>
>> params:(("path" . "/simple.org") ("end" . "577") ("beg" . "156") ("org"
>> . ""))
>>
>> Hope that's enlightening!
>>

> Yes, very enlightening.  It means that the server-side and Emacs Lisp
> side are working as expected.  However, for some reason, when you hit
> [SAVE] the information submitted by your browser includes an empty text
> field (this is the "org" pair above).
>
> This must be a JavaScript issue related to some difference between
> browsers.  Can I ask, what browser you are using?  I've done all of my
> testing with browsers in the Firefox family (Firefox and conkeror).

I'm using the version of Chrome provided by Arch linux, it tells me
Version 21.0.1180.79 (151411). I just tried the test server in Firefox,
and it worked perfectly.

Much as I like Chrome, I've occasionally seen it make websites fail in
ways you wouldn't think a browser should be capable of.

--
GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.11) of
 2012-08-14 on pellet 7.8.11