Re: [O] [ANN] Editable HTML export of Org-mode files

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Editable HTML export of Org-mode files
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 14:11:27 -0600

> All is working as expected, and as expected it's really cool. Thank you!

Great, happy its working.

> Now if I could just edit babel source blocks and have the results
> blocks update on the fly I would be in R workshop presenter heaven.
> Any chance of this sort of thing down the road?

Yea, I haven't implemented an edit interface for code blocks yet.  As
you suggest I think that they could benefit from a customized edit
interface, luckily Nicolas' org-export makes element-specific exports
easy to implement.

I'm not sure what sort of interaction would be best...
- would a [RUN] button be useful
- should just the body of the code block be editable, or everything
- should code block results have a re-run button

No solution has jumped out yet, so I'm just wanting till something seems
obvious.  If you have more specific ideas I'd love to hear them.  I
think something like Python's notebooks should be fairly easy to
implement.

Cheers,

--
Eric Schulte