Re: [O] [ANN] Editable HTML export of Org-mode files

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Editable HTML export of Org-mode files
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 06:56:16 -0600

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> That's very cool!  Good job!  This could be useful.  Would this be
>> something that could eventually be used in the Worg?
>
> If there are some good ideas, and if Jason (as the security guy for
> the server) is okay, why not?

With respect to security, elnode has a simple authentication system
which seems to work well in my local trials.  It has no forms for
setting passwords online, so users would have to generate a hash of
their password locally, and then send the hash to someone who would
manually add it to the elnode authentication database on orgmode.org.

During authentication the hashed password is sent in plain text, so we
would need to run the elnode server behind an https proxy server.  I
don't think this would be difficult to implement and is a good idea for
any system with authentication.

With respect to integration with the existing Worg, this system should
work well in concert with the git backend.  Git could still be used for
offline edits as it is currently.  The org-ehtml server could be
configured to commit all web edits to git.  A conflict checker would be
needed, which could be added to the `org-ehtml-before-save-hook'.

Cheers,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte