Re: [O] Capitalisation and good taste ?

From: Leo Alekseyev
Subject: Re: [O] Capitalisation and good taste ?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 22:00:24 -0600

> A long time ago all capitals was the only way these keywords were
> supported.  Since then they have become case insensitive and I use all
> lowercase for most of my keywords now (#+begin_src:, #+begin_example:
> etc)
>
> With fontification these stand out enough now and the capitalization can
> be removed.

So I'm kind of late to this party, but like Bernt, I've been favoring
lowercase #+ keywords; I believe it looks cleaner and easier on the
eyes.  However, if functions that autogenerate keywords (e.g.
#+results from code blocks and easy templates) default to a particular
case, forcing a different case as a user becomes unappealing
(consistency trumps aesthetics).

If we want to keep org truly keyword-case-agnostic, then there should
be a user-customized variable that easy templates and org-babel result
blocks would follow.

--Leo