Re: [O] Capitalisation and good taste ?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Capitalisation and good taste ?
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:47:04 -0700

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>> Actually, I'm thinking of another solution:
>>
>> - keep one-line option/environment keywords uppercase
>>   #+NAME
>>   #+HTML
>>   #+TITLE
>>   #+...
>>
>> - use lowercase for multi-lines environments keywords
>>   #+begin_ascii
>>   #+begin_html
>>   #+results
>>
>> This is the only good criterium I can think of, and that
>> way people using easy templates will not be surprised to
>> see #+begin_xxx in the manual.
>
> I tried this and I find the lowercase #+begin_xxx really
> not readable enough in the manual.   So I use #+RESULTS:
> and explained this convention in the manual.

Sounds good.

While I like the proposed distinction above, I'd just as soon have
Org-mode default to all caps in the manual and in practice.  As noted
before individual users can use lower case at the mercy of their (our)
potentially changing whims.

I'm going to push up a patch which will change to inserting #+RESULTS:
by default as well as a user-configurable variable which can be used to
customize this behavior.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/