[O] [bugs] Export to HTML requires issuing org-babel-execute-buffer; res

From: Leo Alekseyev
Subject: [O] [bugs] Export to HTML requires issuing org-babel-execute-buffer; results replace fails
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:25:57 -0600

Since all source blocks are evaluated on export, I don't think it
should be necessary to issue org-babel-execute-buffer before invoking
export.  However, running HTML export without org-babel-execute-buffer
currently produces garbage output.

On the other hand, I have several examples where running HTML export
_after_ org-babel-execute-buffer produces the wrong output due to the
fact that :results replace directive appears to append instead of
replacing the output

I am attaching three simple examples where I simulate generating and
exporting image data (I just generate and print filenames).  If I
understand the documentation correctly, they are all supposed to
produce identical output on HTML export; however, none of the files
produces the expected output, namely, blocks of the form:

----
| some output
| images/conv1.png
|
| images/conv1.png
\--

Here, the first two lines should be enclosed in a code block, and the
last line should be raw org output.

To reproduce, load any of my examples, do

C-c C-e h <- will produce garbage output on export
C-c C-v b <- will produce expected output in the buffer
C-c C-e h <- will produce extraneous output on export despite :results
replace being on
C-c C-v b <- will produce extraneous output in the buffer

This was tested on my test-export4.org, but the other examples behave
in a similar fashion.

--Leo