[Orgmode] Re: Finding old appointments

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Finding old appointments
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 15:34:49 -0400

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Additionally, there are some more complex outdated entries, that have
> subtrees and done todos.
>
> Yes, what I want to spot are enties with an active (or also inactive?
> not sure about this one) timestamp that is before today, and if it's a
> TODO, it has to be in a DONE state.  The same must hold for any
> subtrees.
>
> Well, basically I'm just looking for a search facility that shows me an
> agenda view with all entries that contain only timestamps before today
> and no pending todos, so that I can use the agenda commands to act on
> them.  Some will be deleted, others archived.

Here's an example of an agenda view that would bring up all old, active
timestamps marked DONE:

C-c a m [RET] TIMESTAMP<"<today>"+TODO="DONE"

(If I understand the question correctly...) The variable
org-stuck-projects (see the docstring) can be tweaked to identify
subtrees that match your criteria.

A custom skip function might also be useful here.

(info "(org) Special agenda views")

Best,
Matt