[Orgmode] Re: Finding old appointments

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Finding old appointments
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 23:31:59 +0200

Hi Tassilo,

> for some projects, I have tenth of appointment entry children with a
> past timestamp.  They sometimes annoy me cause they make spotting the
> actual entries harder.
>
> Is there a way to spot such outdated entries, like building an agenda
> view of outdated entries?  To be more precise, with outdated entry I
> mean a headline that contains only past timestamps and has only finished
> todos and is not tagged with ARCHIVE (cause then I already spotted it).
>
> Maybe that's a task for a custom agenda view?  I have to admit, that I
> didn't use those till now...

Not directly answering your point, but trying to make your point more
accurate...

What's the info available about your past appointments?  I'm a bit puzzled
about what I have to do with old appointments. Let me explain...

I have such appointments:

** Dentist
   <2010-07-28 Wed 10:45-11:15>

** Meeting client ABC
   <2010-08-19 Thu 10:00-12:00>

OK. We're on 1st of August. What do I do with the first entry (dentist)?

- leave it like it is?
- change the angle brackets by [] (to explictly make it inactive)?
- remove it?

Is it the type of information you have about your past entries?  Active or
inactive timestamps?

Would we do the full "right clocking behavior", we should have clocked in and
out such entries. So, the right info would be in LOGBOOK.

Do you have such info as well about your past entries?

What is the right behavior?  I guess the last one...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban