Re: [Orgmode] Poll: Who is using these commands

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Poll: Who is using these commands
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 01:42:58 +0200

El dom, may 09 2010 a les 00:03, Scott Randby va escriure:
>> Carsten Dominik schrieb:
>>> I am wondering:
>>>
>>> How many of your are using these keys
>>>
>>> C-c C-f
>>> C-c C-b
>>> C-c C-n
>>> C-c C-p
>>
>> Never. I always use the speed commands since they became available.
>
> The problem I have with speed commands is that, according to the manual, they
> only work "when the cursor is at the beginning of a headline." I need
> commands that work when the cursor is anywhere on the headline.

I also use them constantly for the same reason: they work anywhere. The one I
use and like most is C-c C-p
Speed commands are also fine, specially when I need to do more than one jump.

However, each time I need C-c C-[fbnp] I must start thinking in English about
what „forward“ means as opposed to „next“, and whether one trespasses
indentation levels or not. They're a bit hard to memorize.

>>> Another question:
>>>
>>> C-c C-v   currently make the TODO sparse tree.

I use it specially after narrowing a subtree.
I don't use sparse trees and I don't find any equivalent in „C-c / SOMEKEY“
which lists all TODO entries.

--
Daniel