Re: [Orgmode] Problem with remember and org-mode 6.01d

From: Jurgen Defurne
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Problem with remember and org-mode 6.01d
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:31:01 +0200

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:52:20 +0200
Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

> So does this problem hapen under xemacs, or emacs?  xemacs would be
> very strange, because there this function should not be called.  Emacs
> 21 may not have this function.
>
> - Carsten
>

> On Apr 22, 2008, at 8:33 PM, Jurgen Defurne wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 21:25:01 +0200
> > Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Apparently you have an Emacs version that has X-windows, but does not
> >> know the
> >> function x-selection-value (which is used by Org to extract the X
> >> selection).
> >>
> >> Which Emacs version is that?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> - Carsten
> >>
> >> P.S.  The git repo has already a work-around, but the next release is
> >> only in a few days.

> > I only use (x)emacs versions 21.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Jurgen

At home here, I only use emacs. I use xemacs at my job because it has better
cross-platform compatibility (emacs 21 requires an X-server under Windows,
while xemacs runs fine using Cygwin, so I have POSIX compatibility, but can
still run on Windows without X-server). And I am not planning to upgrade org
and remember at my job until it runs satisfactorily here ate home (where I can
tolerate some missing features).

Regards,

Jurgen