Re: [Orgmode] XHTML export -   etc.

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] XHTML export -   etc.
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:39:29 +0000

"Daniel Clemente" <address@hidden> writes:

>    If you use C-x 8 SPC in a text file, you probably want to export it
> as ~ in LaTeX, not to include that Unicode character directly.

This is what i suggested.

> But this conversion is a strange one,

Why?

> therefore it may be besser to offer a syntax for the ~ (non-breaking
> space) in LaTeX. For instance \~ or ~

I think I misunderstood at some point.  For me "\~" means "protect the
tilde character from conversion" which means "don't escape the tilde",
which results into a LaTeX nonbreaking-space (~).

Note that this is also the case for "%": \% unescape the "%" character,
then starts a comment in the LaTeX source.

My point about letting C-x 8 SPC being converted into ~ was this: those
people who are likely to use nonbreaking spaces are also those who won't
be scared by using non-ascii characters such as C-x 8 SPC in their Org
files.  I might be wrong on this.

--
Bastien