Re: [Orgmode] Column view questions

From: Daniel J. Sinder
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Column view questions
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:49:23 -0700

On 07/10/2007 11:30 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2007, at 0:58, Daniel J. Sinder wrote:
>>
>> Have you given any thought to the possibility of exporting column
>> view to HTML?  As nice as column view looks in an emacs-buffer, it's
>> not really accessible to others (especially if they don't use
>> emacs/org-mode).
>
> No, not yet.  What would be useful?

One of two possibilities:
(1) Something similar to the export mechanism available for agendas
-- i.e., use htmlize on 'C-x C-w'.  Because column view is an
overlay, this may be harder than I imagine.

(2) An export mechanism that would generate a "pretty" HTML table
(to look like Scott's omni outliner example) starting from the
current heading.

Column view is too new for me to have a good usage scenario at this
point.  However one think I've thought of is using it to maintain
and publish a "points-of-contact" list for my group at work.

Dan