Re: [Orgmode] Column view questions

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Column view questions
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:42:19 -0400

"Daniel J. Sinder" <address@hidden> writes:

> PROPERTIES and column view are fantastic!  Thanks Carsten.
>
> I already have visions of moving my address book into org.  I've set
> my sights on finally learning Elisp by writing a vCard-to-org
> function (and the reverse).
>
> How well does generating column view scale for hundreds of headlines?

You'd be better off moving your address book into bbdb (no need to
abuse org for the purpose when there's already a perfectly good emacs
tool for the purpose).  We really need a good vCard-to-bbdb (and the
reverse) converter, though.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |