Re: master 72b1379f079: Increase `emacs-lisp-docstring-fill-column` to 7

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master 72b1379f079: Increase `emacs-lisp-docstring-fill-column` to 72
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 15:43:46 +0800

Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> writes:

> Well, are the info pages displayable on smartphones?

They are not.  But that was not my point.

> If it works there, it should work for docstrings as well.
>
> If two numbers work, the higher the better since such a line
> can hold more data.

What problems came of the old value of 64, so urgent that it was
necessary to install this change (which, let us not forget, affects
_all_ Emacs users) on such short notice?  I'm less opposed to this
change in itself than to how it was fast-tracked into Emacs by one
individual citing an inconclusive discussion a year removed.