Re: master 72b1379f079: Increase `emacs-lisp-docstring-fill-column` to 7

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: master 72b1379f079: Increase `emacs-lisp-docstring-fill-column` to 72
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 06:23:22 -0800

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Generally speaking, 65 columns is already excessive for mobile phone
> displays,

Indeed.  I proposed a solution: patches welcome.

If we need to fix it in some other way for mobile displays in the
meanwhile, please work on that.  Info and many other things in Emacs
wrap to 72 columns, so we are already dealing with that problem.

It will take a very long time indeed before any significant proportion
of our docstrings have been reflowed to this new default, so we still
have plenty of time.