Re: Brand new clojure support in Emacs ;-)

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Brand new clojure support in Emacs ;-)
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 08:54:04 -0700

"Bozhidar Batsov" <bozhidar@batsov.dev> writes:

>> I don't think using the term "hijacking" is productive.  The GNU
>> emacs developers could well say that using a standard functional name
>> like "clojure-mode" with no intent to contribute it to the core was
>> the "hijacking", or perhaps namespace-squatting.  It would be
>> different for "cider" or another non-standard, nonfunctional name.
>> It should have been obvious at the time clojure-mode was originally
>> authored that the name would have been adopted for a builtin mode if
>> there were going to be one.
>
> That's a pretty disappointing remark, which implies that the Emacs
> team doesn't really care about having a good collaboration with the
> authors and maintainers of 3rd party Emacs packages.

Please do not take everything you see here as the officially sanctioned
position of the Emacs maintainers, GNU, or the core team of developers
as a whole.  That will lead to some serious misunderstandings.

This is a public mailing list, where anyone can say whatever they like.
You don't even need to be subscribed.  Lynn is, I assume, subscribed to
the list and welcome to put forward his views along with everyone else
that follows the rules.  That's all.