Re: eglot-test-diagnostic-tags-unnecessary-code fails with certain clang

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: eglot-test-diagnostic-tags-unnecessary-code fails with certain clangd versions
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 12:08:46 +0100

João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

Hi João,

> What I meant rather, was trying to install version 14 from one of
> those sources I listed earlier.  Perhaps all that we'll see is that
> instead of:
>
>   clangd-13 libclang-common-13-dev libclang-cpp13 libllvm13
>
> we'll see
>
>   clangd-14 libclang-common-14-dev libclang-cpp14 libllvm14
>
> If the former is acceptable so should be the latter, especially
> if the installation of the support libraries is motivated by
> clangd alone.

That would be OK on EMBA. But the recipe you have shown me was to extend
/etc/apt/sources.list, and to run

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

That would likely touch even more packages.

Well, I'll try to add another container on EMBA, which tries this. And
run then eglot tests only in that container. But this will take some
days for me, don't expect it soon.

AFAICS, https://apt.llvm.org/bullseye offers the clangd-15 Debian
package. This shall be good enough.

> Anyway, I now pushed a version-checking patch to master.

And this shall be kept, for test environments somewhere else but EMBA.

> João

Best regards, Michael.