Re: eglot-test-diagnostic-tags-unnecessary-code fails with certain clang

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: eglot-test-diagnostic-tags-unnecessary-code fails with certain clangd versions
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 10:36:19 +0100

    João> On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 6:27 PM chad <yandros@gmail.com> wrote:

    >> FWIW, Debian stable has clangd-13 as an option, but not v14 or later:
    >>
    >>> clangd-13/stable 1:13.0.1-6~deb11u1 amd64
    >>> Language server that provides IDE-like features to editors

    João> Thanks, that's close.

    João> I really wonder if installing a newer package of that pulls in
    João> that many more dependencies, but I have no way to check.

# apt install clangd-13
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
  libclang-common-13-dev libclang-cpp13 libllvm13
  clangd-13 libclang-common-13-dev libclang-cpp13 libllvm13
0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 39.0 MB of archives.
After this operation, 249 MB of additional disk space will be
used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

So itʼs not that many packages, but the point is moot because clangd
13 also fails.

    João> Anyway, I now pushed a version-checking patch to master.

Thanks, that test is skipped for me now (aside: is there any way to
get ert to not spew the diagnostic output from commands such as clangd
to the terminal?)

Robert