Re: tramp "too many open files" [Re: bug#56606

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp "too many open files" [Re: bug#56606
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 16:20:11 +0100

Thierry Volpiatto <thievol@posteo.net> writes:

Hi Thierry,

> From the Helm help:
>
> As Tramp archive often crash Helm and Emacs, Helm does its best
> to disable it, however it is hard to do so as Tramp Archive is
> enabled inconditionally in Emacs.  Here I build my Emacs
> without-dbus to ensure Tramp archive wont kickin unexpectedly.

There are two ways to disable tramp-archive.el:

- Set or bind tramp-archive-enabled to nil.

- Avoid file names like "/path/to/file.tar/". The combination of a known
  extension with a slash triggers tramp-archive.el. Usually, it is an
  error to specify such a file name, if not intended.

Best regards, Michael.