Info, dir, and Emacs packages ?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Info, dir, and Emacs packages ?
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 21:14:28 -0800

I'm missing something.  When and what causes a package directory to get
added to Info-directory-list? I've constructed a simple .info and dir
for an existing Emacs package I'm playing with, but, when I copy them to
the installed package and restart Emacs, it doesn't get added to the
Info-directory-list, so isn't seen by 'info'.  Any help?

-- David Masterson