Re: New Eglot release

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: New Eglot release
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 15:30:19 +0000

On Sun, Mar 5, 2023, 05:50 Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

Sorry, I don't follow what you say here, and thus don't understand the
difficulty.  Perhaps if you show the text you'd like to have there,
the misunderstanding will be resolved.

A mention to Eglot's new support for LSP inlay hints, for example.

> I think, someone suggested /etc/EGLOT-NEWS at the time.  That could
> work, I guess.  But would anyone read it?

Does anyone read NEWS?

I think more people read NEWS than FOO-NEWS. As Michael pointed out, NEWS is even given special visibility and analyzed point-by-point by Mickey Petersen in his popular blog.

João