Re: Progress on merging Eglot: update

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Progress on merging Eglot: update
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 13:13:38 +0100

On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 1:10 PM Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]

  > I don't think it makes sense to invest such an effort now, since we
  > are going to import Eglot into Emacs very soon, as soon as the
  > remaining technical issues are resolved.  Moving it to another hosting
  > service now will just delay the merge with Emacs, which is undesirable
  > since we want Eglot in Emacs before we start the Emacs 29 release
  > cycle.

Are you saying that this connection with GitHub is temporary?

That's correct.  My plan is to sever it completely, but in the short- to
medium-term it is still useful.  At any rate, GitHub will cease to be the
"upstream" of Eglot source once the merge to core is done.

João