Re: Memory problems update

From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Memory problems update
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 13:53:57 +0100

On Sat, Sep 24 2022, Po Lu wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> Yes.  I thought you did that more frequently.
>>
>> So now I have no idea how the above can explain your larger memory
>> footprint.
>
> Maybe there is a leak in the GC (graphics context) emulation code on
> PGTK?

The trick above was only causing a moderate memory drift of 50Mb per day
in X11 builds with no toolkit builds.  In pgtk the drift is so big that
i wouldn't notice this one.

> What if you do not change the colors, but keep the overline and
> underline settings?

I'll check in X11, thanks.

jao
--
In this world, there are only two tragedies.  One is not getting
what one wants, and the other is getting it. - Oscar Wilde