Re: Supporting stylistic sets

From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh
Subject: Re: Supporting stylistic sets
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 18:15:23 +0530

I don't understand: how does this handle the case where a certain
character has more than 2 alternative glyphs? which alternative will
be selected?

I was answering this question, I thought you were asking what would happen if we pass multiple tags for the same glyph.
If that was not what you meant then look at my previous answer:

Different glyphs would have different tags.
For example in FiraCode "0" has four alternatives and each one has a different tag:
zero, cv11, cv12, cv13

On Sat, Sep 24, 2022 at 6:05 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh <lumarzeli30@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 17:39:55 +0530
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> It seems to be the case in hb-view too.
> Here is the priority order for "0" in FiraCode
> hb-view --features='cv11,zero' FiraCode-Regular.ttf '0000' -O png > test.png gives zero
> hb-view --features='cv11,cv12' FiraCode-Regular.ttf '0000' -O png > test.png gives cv11
> hb-view --features='cv12,cv13' FiraCode-Regular.ttf '0000' -O png > test.png gives cv12
>
> It was also in the case of the Iosevka font file.

Sorry, I don't understand: what is "it" in this case?

And how is the priority order relevant to our discussion?  I'm
probably missing something here.