Re: Progress on merging Eglot?

From: Payas Relekar
Subject: Re: Progress on merging Eglot?
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 09:55:58 +0530

Thank you! Indeed moving to subdirectory makes history apply to
correct file and shows up as expected. Was also quite straightforward
with git-filter-repo, so here's the updates:

Updates gist:
https://gist.github.com/bhankas/422c34db2e987d4dc3f243e26ba156a3

Updated repo:
https://github.com/bhankas/emacs

Updated history:
https://github.com/bhankas/emacs/commits/master/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el

Now the only remaining issue is commit length. Can someone please
advice on how we can go about it? My brute force thinking is to simply
add newline where length exceeds, delimited at word boundary, but
obviously that's not good enough nor covers sufficient edge cases.
Perhaps a Python/Perl wizard has a one/two liner to take that pain
away?

Thanks,
Payas