Re: NonGNU ELPA proposal: annotate-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: NonGNU ELPA proposal: annotate-mode
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 16:53:00 +0200

> Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 13:29:38 +0100
> From: cage <cage-dev@twistfold.it>
>
> Hi!
>
> I would like to see annotate.el
>
> https://github.com/bastibe/annotate.el
>
> included in NonGNU elpa

FWIW, I wish Emacs had in core a mode that would allow adding notes
(a.k.a. "annotations") to files, which (a) didn't use overlays that
display in the text area, but instead displayed the notes in the
margin and/or in tooltips; and (b) would save the notes of FILE into a
FILE.notes file, not into a single DB under the user's home directory.
I think it would be a very useful feature that every text-processing
package should have built-in.