Re: Time to merge scratch/correct-warning-pos into master, perhaps?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Time to merge scratch/correct-warning-pos into master, perhaps?
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 17:21:25 -0500

Gregory Heytings [2022-01-25 21:38:24] wrote:
>> More importantly, I wonder how slowing down EQ by a factor of 2 can end up
>> costing 10% of runtime when running the test suite.  I think this
>> deserves investigation.
> Do you have an idea how this could be investigated?

Usually such slowdown don't come from everywhere at the same time.
So you need to "slice" our total time into subelements, and presumably
some of those elements show a higher slowdown, so you can focus on those
and start slicing them further.

As you get closer to the source, the slowdown should become
more marked.

        Stefan