Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 16:52:52 -0600

On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 3:51 PM H. Dieter Wilhelm
<dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> wrote:

> Hi Corwin

Hi Dieter!

> Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> writes:
>

> > https://git.sr.ht/~mplscorwin/emacs-w64/tree/master/item/with-native-compilation
> >
> > Would you be able to try again with this version of
> > emacs-28.0.91-installer.exe?
> > In fact, all of the packages in the linked folder should work now AFAIK.
>
> I can't find libgmp-10.dll in your emacs-28.0.91.zip archive and when I
> run the installer - on a system without MSYS/MinGW - it still bails out
> because of the missing libgmp-10.dll.

I've pushed new versions.  I was able to test the new installer.exe on
my son's gaming rig, so I'm rather confident that, at least, works.

I hope someone with a working msys can confirm that this supports
native-compilation when msys+libgccjit is available.

Regards,
Corwin