Re: Default custom file was: Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Default custom file was: Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 02:14:18 -0500

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> What I propose is to agree on a default value for custom-file that could
> potentially be changed by the user in  init.el or .emacs
> and do the (load custom-file 'noerror) after loading the init file as a
> default behaviour for Emacs

FWIW, I support this proposal.

With such a default, I agree that we should load it after init.el by
default (so you don't need to type that into your init.el).

A function `load-custom-file' that loads the custom file if it isn't
already loaded might also make sense, to allow controlling the exact
time when it is loaded.