Re: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 01:10:50 -0500

> That’s true. Ok. I’ll do that. I still think code has the virtue of
> simplicity and inviting a user to explore more of Emacs.

I so agree with you.  But we're talking about a wizard here, i.e. one of
those tools whose target users are exactly those users who don't want to
see code.

FWIW, I still use my custom hack which makes it generate (and
understand) "almost normal looking" ELisp code, like the one below.

        Stefan

(custom-autogenerated-user-settings
 ;; This custom-autogenerated-user-settings was added by Custom.
 (setq agda2-include-dirs '("." "/usr/share/agda-stdlib"))
 (setq browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-firefox)
 (setq browse-url-mozilla-program "firefox")
 (customize-set-variable 'calendar-date-style 'iso)
 (electric-pair-mode -1)
 )