Re: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 23:13:36 -0500

> Custom cannot save some of the results produced by the wizard,

That's easy to fix.

> for example, key bindings and Unicode fonts.

Make (global) minor modes that make those changes and then Custom can
control them just fine.

If it's mainstream enough to be something that a setup-wizard should
recommend, then it *should* be easy to control via Custom.

> And I don’t know if package-selected-packages is enough for
> packages. Here is an example for the generated configuration:

If not, that's a good reason to address the limitations.

        Stefan