Re: Debian's use of debbugs (was Re: On Contributing To Emacs)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Debian's use of debbugs (was Re: On Contributing To Emacs)
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2022 16:01:29 -0500

>> That's news to me.  Could you give details of what you mean?
> It's mostly about how we automate migrating packages from our 'unstable'
> distribution to the 'testing' distribution, and the process of
[...]

Ah, I was confused I didn't notice you were talking about Debian rather
than Emacs.  Sorry 'bout the noise, and thanks for the detailed
explanation.  I didn't realize Debian relied so directly on Debbugs
for that.

[ I suspect that if Debian decided to use a different issue racking
  system they wouldn't have much difficulty getting similar info from
  it, tho it would likely require a fair bit of tweaking/rewriting
  existing scripts.  ]

        Stefan