Re: On Contributing To Emacs

From: Sean Whitton
Subject: Re: On Contributing To Emacs
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2022 00:07:05 -0700

On Fri 31 Dec 2021 at 08:45am +08, Po Lu wrote:

> Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:
>
>> This discussion has mentioned other parts of Debbugs, however, which
>> are more noticeably broken by contemporary standards.
>
> You mean, the ability to have actual threading in bug reports?  I'd say
> that's a feature.
>
> Besides, Debian people seem to be doing fine.

Not really -- we can't really quit debbugs because it has special
features to track how we do versions and releases, and we are highly
reliant on those.  I think that if that wasn't the case, there's a good
chance we'd be using something else by now.

I am someone who, like you, prefers as much as possible to be actual
e-mail messages, but debbugs is just not that good!

--
Sean Whitton