Re: On Contributing To Emacs

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: On Contributing To Emacs
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 08:34:11 +0100 (CET)

Dec 26, 2021, 09:56 by yantar92@gmail.com:
> I do see some advantages:
> 1. Ability to review actual changes (commits) made in a package since
> last update
> 2. Ability to maintain a personal set of patches/changes to a package
> while still being able to update to the latest version.

Or to automate building and installing multiple local repositories.  Or
many other things that makes straight.el one of the most popular packages
of all time.

Emacs can be used to write proprietary malware.  From that logic, we
should also stop developing Emacs then.