Re: On Contributing To Emacs

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: On Contributing To Emacs
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 20:44:23 +0100 (CET)

Dec 25, 2021, 22:28 by ofv@wanadoo.es:

> As of today, straight.el project page says it has 54 contributors. The
> roadblock with projects with so many contributors usually is collecting
> the required copyright assignments. Other major packages suffer from
> this, despite the willingness of their authors/maintainers to put them
> under the GNU umbrella.

But my impression is that core and complex parts of that package
were written by one person.  If it is just a naive disagreement over
licensing, one has to ask oneself; how come I enjoy the fruits of
labor of that license so much as to become deeply familiar with
Emacs internals, and to work on such an advanced package?  Of
course everyone is free to do as their wish, I simply stated my
opinion on finding this situation sad.