Re: On Contributing To Emacs

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: On Contributing To Emacs
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 20:28:46 +0100

xenodasein--- via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
writes:

> If I am wrong, they
> would need to have a very good reason for not contributing it directly as
> an improvement to Emacs.  My argument is that that reason couldn't have
> been "hardness of changing Emacs."

As of today, straight.el project page says it has 54 contributors. The
roadblock with projects with so many contributors usually is collecting
the required copyright assignments. Other major packages suffer from
this, despite the willingness of their authors/maintainers to put them
under the GNU umbrella.