Re: Migrating to sourcehut - what's missing?

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Migrating to sourcehut - what's missing?
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 17:40:56 +0800

Since this discussion is here to stay, here's two cents of mine.

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

>> List: https://lists.sr.ht/~emacs/emacs-devel

It seems that the mailing list archive is not very usable:

  - It shows messages and replies in the entire thread, without a way to
    present an overview of the thread.
  - It doesn't seem to provide the ability to reply to specific messages
    in a thread via a mailto: link.  (Useful when I need to reply to
    something while away from my usual machine.)
  - It doesn't archive messages by period, but instead by pages.

There are probably a few more issues, but the ones I listed were enough
to put me back.  So until those issues are resolved, I hope we will not
move the mailing list archive to SourceHut.

I did not try out the others features of SourceHut, so I have not formed
an opinion about them.