Re: Motif support

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Motif support
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 22:23:12 +0200

> Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 21:15:12 +0100 (CET)
> From: xenodasein@tutanota.de
> Cc: Emacs Devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> > I very much doubt this will produce anything useful, let alone why
> > would we want yet another "toolkit". But feel free to prove me wrong
> > by showing code that does this.
>
> The code you mention; is it enough for it to be a simple library in a
> single C file? Or do you want to see it integrated and working in Emacs?
> The latter wouldn't be too easy for me to, if it is not something wanted
> in Emacs.  But that could be decided after looking at the former?

What would the library be capable of?  You say that you can replace
all the window decorations we now implement via toolkits: menus,
dialogs, scroll bars, title and caption bar, the tool bar.  Will all
of this be in the library, complete with support for colors and other
stuff?  If not, what would such a library prove?