Re: Variable pitch text filling

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Variable pitch text filling
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 17:49:05 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> So what are the requirements for the replacement feature here?

I think it's basically to be able to specify the widths that the `space'
display ting takes -- pixels and "normal characters" (and the latter
should be extended to the "normal character" of the face, as you pointed
out).

But the wrinkle is that these spaces should only be used if the
character is narrower than the space we computed.

In addition, there should be a way to specify that the space should be
an integer multiple of the "normal character" width.