Re: A read-based grep-like for symbols (el-search?) (was Do shorthands b

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: A read-based grep-like for symbols (el-search?) (was Do shorthands break basic tooling (tags, grep, etc)? (was Re: Shorthands have landed on master))
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 16:08:25 +0000

I'm certainly not asking for a tutor, no, and no, the answer is not "in front of my eyes". Because your "fine gif" doesn't show what "magnars-string" is.

It does. Watch it closely as I said. At a certain point, I M-. into it and back with M-, And I've pointed you to the commit that has that file.

Our mails crossed each other. And the commit to which you refer contains s.el file, modified exactly as I described in the next sentence. So it would have been more helpful to reply to the actual points of my post.