Re: debbugs.gnu.org search [was gebbugs.gnu.org search]

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: debbugs.gnu.org search [was gebbugs.gnu.org search]
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:30:48 -0400

Maxim Nikulin wrote:

> and links to raw mail messages, e.g. debbugs.gnu.org/db/17/17678.html

At the top of the page, and the bottom, in bold red text, is a link

"Click here to see this page with the latest information and nicer formatting."

For a suggestion for further improvement, see
https://lists.gnu.org/r/help-debbugs/2020-12/msg00026.html

> For this particular query I expect to get
>
>     *#29645 Feature Request: Locale aware formatting*
>     https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29645

It's the second result?!

> https://debbugs.gnu.org/robots.txt
>> Disallow: /cgi/

Disallowed due to performance reasons.

The "static" pages are indexed, and contain prominent (though clearly not
prominent enough) links to the "dynamic" pages.

There is also a simple search on https://debbugs.gnu.org/
and a complex one (I agree the interface is weird) on
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/search.cgi