Re: Adding major or popular language modes to Emacs distribution

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Adding major or popular language modes to Emacs distribution
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 17:16:22 +0300

Cc:philipk@posteo.net,hi@ypei.me,emacs-devel@gnu.org
From: Dmitry Gutov<dgutov@yandex.ru>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 16:42:43 +0300

On 28.08.2021 16:37, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
When you say "we prefer" here you mean you personally, right?  Because
there's no such project-wide policy, AFAICT, and I at least don't
agree.
There is a known existing disagreement on this issue among contributors.
If a contributor_wants_  to have the package in ELPA, that's his/her
prerogative, which should be respected.  But in this particular case
the contributor asked about our preferences, and that was what my
response was about.

You stated your preferences, right?

Stefan's are different, and mine are as well (which is probably well-known at this point).

There are also many other proponents of "lean core", though I admit most of them, predictably, work on third-party packages rather than frequent emacs-devel.