Re: Adding major or popular language modes to Emacs distribution

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Adding major or popular language modes to Emacs distribution
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 17:46:25 +0300

On 28.08.2021 17:37, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
There is a known existing disagreement on this issue among contributors.
If a contributor_wants_  to have the package in ELPA, that's his/her
prerogative, which should be respected.  But in this particular case
the contributor asked about our preferences, and that was what my
response was about.
You stated your preferences, right?
No, I stated the current project's policy, which is still unchanged
since long ago.  It happens to be my personal preference as well, but
that's not what the OP asked about.

I don't remember seeing such a policy documented anywhere.

But suppose it is so. What would it take to change it?

We might hold off on having such discussion until the "ELPA bundling" feature is more or less ready, but it would be nice to know in advance.