Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 14:54:59 +0300

> From: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 19:47:33 +1000
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> However, this largely pre-dates the drive to move away from email.
> Email, regardless how it is provided, is a problem for companies. It is
> a major source of security problem, it is a nightmare for records
> management, policy and regulation compliance and a major impediment in
> business workflow automation. While I doubt any company will stop using
> email completely, they are definitely moving way from having it as a key
> technology in their business processes.

There are no good replacements of email for companies that do business
with remote partners/clients.  On-line meetings aren't a good
solution, especially when issues are confidential and/or you need a
record of what was said.  Security issues with email have been solved
long time ago, so shouldn't prevent anyone from using email.  Where I
work during my day time, email is very much alive and kicking, and we
all have email clients on our smartphones, so we could respond very
quickly to any important developments.  I can tell you that with our
email-based workflows, we run circles around those of our partners and
competitors who don't.